Simon Slavin's Homepage
I am Simon Slavin, who once traded as Thread Software but I'm now more interested in Big Fraud. My web site is http://www.bigfraud.org/ and my email address is now slavi ns@.bi_gfraud.o rg without any spaces or underlines
- Information about geoloc, a proposed geolocation URI scheme which allows people to cite locations (e.g. GPS coordinates) simply and quickly in any application that understands URIs like 'http:' and 'mailto:'. Includes a demonstration handler for Mac OS X.
- Mac Garmin Tools, Mac software which does what Garmin's POI Loader does. You can use it to convert .csv files to .gpx files and to load Points of Interest (POIs) and alert points into Garmin SatNav devices. I wrote it because Garmin don't have tools that run on the Mac and I have a Garmin nüvi 310 and GPSmap 60cs.
- A review of my robotic vacuum-cleaner.
I host a few pages for Masumi Timson, talented Koto and Shamisen player.
I really like a couple of films which have a ton of music tracks in the background. Although you can find a list of the tracks in the credits it can be difficult to answer the question "What did they start playing when we saw Katie dusting the bannisters ?". Here are my answers questions like those for ...
- I started off and maintained for a while the list of people who attended the colloquium mentioned in L'Envoi, the last chapter of Robert A. Heinlein's The Number of the Beast. Francesco Spreafico took it over for a while but it's now taken care of by Carlos Angelo and can be found here.
- A Heinlein quiz: match the beginnings and endings of Heinlein stories.
If you don't understand what I'm talking about at any time, it
might help if you read
My email address is nearly, but not quite,